Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Buck Down!

Very rarely does it happen where a plan comes together and works just right. Well, on November 11th of last week everything clicked and I was able to take down my first Iowa Buck! He came in chasing a doe, made a scrape, and moved into my shooting lane at 25 yards. I hit him well and he only went about 60 yards. The hard work and hours of sweating in the late summer to set up the stand definitely paid off!

He isn't the biggest buck, but I couldn't pass up the droptine. It was also taken on public land which made it that much sweeter. You can shoot decent bucks on public ground, just might have to move away from the pressure and do something others aren't willing to do :)

I'm heading back to Minnesota this weekend to bow and gun hunt up there up until Thanksgiving. I'll keep updates coming if I have any luck up there.

Here is a picture of mine and my buddies that he shot 2 days after I shot mine, it was an awesome week!






No comments: