Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ABA Clearwater Lake & ABA TOC Preview

It has been more than a month since my last post so this is a little overdue. It has taken me a little while to digest and think about how my season ended up this summer before I wanted to sit down and write about it. I'll start with the last regular season ABA event on Clearwater.

Well... unfortunately, there never was a final ABA event on Clearwater for me. I practiced all day on Saturday before the event only to have my motor get clogged with weeds, overheat, and fry many parts inside of it. After a few choice words, a payment of $60 for hotel room that I didn't stay in, a long drive back home and thinking about how missing this tournament may have cost me a shot at AOY, I was back in my own bed that night not feeling so great. On the bright side, I only slid to 4th in the AOY standings even though I missed the tournament.

In other good news, insurance covered the $3,000.00+ expense that it took to fix my motor; man was I grateful for that! After spending a nice weekend up north at the Cabin over labor day I was recharged and ready to go for the tournament of champions for the ABA that would be held September 11-12.

The week after I got back from my cabin I scrambled like a mad man to get my boat back in time for the tournament of champions. I got my boat back from the shop on Thursday, and took off work on Friday to practice. The TOC is a two day event on a different lake each day. So on Friday I fished both lakes in the same day; about 6 hours each. It's all the time I would have for practice so I was going to have to continue practicing during the tournament if needed.

Check back soon to see how the TOC played out...

No comments: