Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bass Tournament Schedule 2008

I have just recently finalized (roughly) my tournament schedule for the upcoming 2008 season. I'll be taking part in three different tournament "circuits" this year, which means it will be the most tournaments I have fished in during the course of a year.

I will be fishing 4 (potentially 5) tournaments on the Sliverado Pro/Am Tour as an amature, 9 tournaments with my local bass club (Lakes Area Bassmasters), and at least 2 College based tournaments. The first two circuits will be held in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, with the College tournaments occuring in Indiana and presumably Texas (but this is not finalized).

I am really looking forward to this season in terms of growing my fishing ablilites, my tournament experience, and meeting many new great people involved with this sport. During preparation for the tournaments I will try and write about my practice and also how I ended up.

The first tournament will be the Big Ten Championship in Indiana sometime in April. Last year we (The University of Iowa) finished 3rd and hope to better that this year. It should be a fun tournament where we will probably looking at pre-spawn, spawn, or post-spawn conditions depending on what the weather does between now and then. Stay tuned in April for more info on how that tournament went.

No comments: