Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beaver Dam Lake Pre-Tournament Thoughts

Beaver Dam Lake located near Cumberland, Wisconsin is the designated location of the first club tournament I will fish this year. I have been extremly busy studying and taking finals this week for school and you can't beleive how excited I am to get back home to Minnesota to do some fishing. One more test and I'm there...can't wait!

I'll be driving home tomorrow and the tournament is on Saturday. So as you may have guessed, I have not prefished at all. I also have never once made a cast into Beaver Dam Lake. Should be interesting....

However, the good part is that we are in a springtime mode right now which will really help in eliminating a lot of deeper water. I'll be able to run many shallow bays throughout the lake with reaction type baits in hopes of getting on some fish by the end of day. If this doesn't pan out then hopefully I'll have time to find some offshore breaks that would have prespawn fish on them waiting to move up. I personally think that there will already be fish up shallow from what I'm hearing in terms of water temps in the area. I hope this is true, because it will make it a lot easier to find the better areas faster.

Check back next week to see how the tournament went!

No comments: