Friday, July 25, 2008

Recent Reports and Pre-Tournament Thoughts

I have taken a bit of a hiatus from writing a post since my last Pro/Am tournament a couple weeks ago. Since then I've had some memorable fishing outings and other ones that I would rather forget about. Summer patterns are beginning to really set in and this is one of my favorite times of the year to fish because things are usually pretty consistent in terms of fish not moving around a whole lot.

I've also been talking with our Collegiate Bass Fishing Sponsor Pure Fishing about the upcoming season during the school year and it promises to be a good one. They want start promoting newer products through us and even start including us in the research/testing behind some of their products. I can't explain how excited I am about this opportunity to work with such a well known company such as Pure Fishing. It should be a good experience, and being able to get product from them such as Skeet Reese REVOS and Elite Tech rods will make it that much better.

This weekend I have another club tournament on Coon Lake. I've won two tournaments on this lake in the past and have a lot of confidence going into it. I just hope the fish stay where they were a week ago when I was up there practicing. This is probably in the top 5 of my favorite lakes in Minnesota. It just seems to fit my style of fishing really well. Check back next week for a report on that tournament, hopefully I don't fall on my face now that I just wrote about my confidence going into the event! :)

No comments: