Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Silverado Pro/Am - Alexandria Chain of Lakes

This past weekend I had my third Silverado Pro/Am tournament on the Alexandria Chain of Lakes, also known as Le Homme Dieu. My pro and I drew boat #58 out of 59 boats so we were just a little bit behind everyone else. However, on a chain of lakes as big as this one it shouldn’t matter too much.

We started off the day throwing crankbaits on a weedline. I ended up catching 4 small bass before I got one that finally kept. After this spot we had 2 fish in the livewell that I had caught on a crankbait. On the next spot my pro got a decent fish on a t-rigged craw tube. We then proceeded to hit docks, reeds, and pads the rest of the day without much to show for it in terms of quality fish. We finished out our limit and culled twice but still only ended up with 8lbs and some change for 6 fish which is pretty brutal.

I wasn’t very happy with how the day turned out and would have probably done some things differently had I been in charge. This tournament kind of left a bad taste in my mouth and motivated me even more to try and fish as a pro next year. If I can get a suitable boat and afford the entry fees I might take a run at it.

I stayed at a friend’s cabin on Friday before the tournament and brought my boat up there to do a little fishing. I was catching a lot of fish on frogs way up under trees in about 1-2 feet of water which was really fun and made the weekend a little better. And wouldn’t you know…one of the top finishers in the Silverado tournament on saturday caught most of his fish up under trees in very skinny water.

I was also graced with the presence of 14 Skeet Reese Revos and 14 Elite Tech Rods when I got back to my house Saturday evening that Pure Fishing had sent to me. Talk about being excited!!! These rods and reels will go to our bass fishing team down at the University of Iowa. I went out to Lake Waconia on Sunday to do a little prefishing for this upcoming weekend and that skeet reese revo is awesome! The fishing wasn’t too shabby either.

I will write about the Waconia tournament next week sometime when I will be in Iowa and back at school. Summer break has come to an end and I’m not liking it! :)

No comments: