Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Upcoming Tournaments and Report

My summer is beginning to wind down and come to an end with school approaching much faster than I want it too. School starts in a couple weeks here on August 25th for me. However, my tournament season is not quite wrapped up yet.

This weekend I have my final B.A.S.S club tournament on Pools 4 and 5 of the Mississippi River for the current year. My uncle and I went out and pre-fished for the tournament this past Saturday. He loves to fish just as much as I do and I really enjoyed being out on the river with him. He used a fly rod all day which was pretty cool too. I had never been on the river before and I had a blast. We caught a good amount of fish, but I think just having a change of pace besides fishing lakes all the time is what I liked so much. Getting a couple big bites will (as with any tournament) be a big factor down there this weekend. I’m shooting for my second consecutive AOY title and hope to wrap it up granted I don’t stumble too badly. The MNBF state championship is on the same water this fall, but I won’t be able to compete in it for the third consecutive year because of school which is kind of a drag.

The following weekend I have my 3rd Silverado tournament up on the Alexandria Chain of Lakes. This is another area I have never fished before and look forward to learning some stuff about the chain and making a good finish. I’ll finish up this tour in September when we visit Lake Minnetonka.

The last weekend before school starts I have another club tourney out on Lake Waconia which will count towards next years standings. I really like this lake and have won a tournament once out there before which always help in terms of confidence. After this tournament I will be making the drive down to school and my summer will be complete!

Here’s a quick report: I’ve been able to get out a couple times this week since the weekend and have found the fish both deep and shallow. A drop shot with a 4” zoom finesse worm has been good to me by deep weed lines and rocks. An A.T. jig has been the ticket up shallow around pads. Check back next week for a report on the Miss. River tournament!

No comments: