Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quick Update

Some things to get you up to date on what's happening in my world of fishing....

On labor day I bought my first bass boat (with the gracious help of my parents). It is a 1989 Ranger 361v with a 175 horsepower Envinrude. I can not wait until next summer to use this thing!!

Tomorrow I will be driving back to Minnesota for the fourth and final Silverado Pro/Am tournament. It will take place on lake Minnetonka on Friday. If your interested, come check out the weigh in at 3:00 pm at Lord Fletchers.

After the tournament I will drive back to Iowa City on Saturday. On Sunday morning at approximately 5:00 am I will be leaving for Lake Lewisville, Texas for the National Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship. There will be 108 boats representing 56 schools from around the nation competing in this tournament!! I am excited to get down there and will also get to use my boat for the first time during that tournament too.

I have been extremely busy the past 3 weeks with school and trying to get work done before I have these tournaments. I have a couple other things to do and then its time to go fish for a week straight! Can't get much better than that!

Be sure to check my blog periodically throughout the next week as I will be giving a report from the Minnetonka tournament as well as updates from the College tournament down in Texas.

1 comment:

Carl Spande said...

That's awesome you got a bass boat! Sweet. You should post a pic of it. Also, good luck in your upcoming tournaments. The river was tough last week. If I would of had my same bag as our club tournament the first day, I would have been in the top five after day 1. Cold front came through and just shut down a lot of fish. Good luck and I'll be thinking big fish for you.

Carl