Monday, April 7, 2008

First Tournament on the Horizon

My first tournament of the 2008 season is coming up this week from April 12th-13th on Lake Maxinkuckee in NW Indiana. The tournament is the Big Ten Championship. This is the oldest Collegiate based bass fishing tournament in the nation and its great to be apart of the tradition. The tournament is on Sunday but I will be leaving on Wed. afternoon skipping out on a couple days of school to go prefish for the tournament (does it get much better ?).

I'm really excited to get back out on the water for the first time this year. Right now if the weather predictions hold up it could make for a tough tournament. They are predicting that it will get colder until the tournament day from here on out. They are even calling for a possibility of snow on tournament day which could make things interesting. We will probably be looking at a prespawn situation. Right now I have absolutely no clue how I will catch them. I've never been to the lake before and I won't know where these fish will be until I put the boat in the water and get a reading on the water temperature. I have an idea of many different things that I think will produce, but I don't know for sure what I will do until I get on the water. I think trying to figure out the fish is the most fun of fishing these tournaments and thats what keeps me coming back for more. Anyways, I have to get some school work done tonight before I leave this week, but check in throughout the week for updates on my practice. I'm going to try and post each day after practice and then a final post after the tournament day, so stay tuned!

No comments: