Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Success!

It has been nice to finally get a little revenge on those little green creatures since the face plant I took at the Big Ten Championship. I've been able to get out to some local ponds here in Iowa and have faired well in the past couple weeks.

The key has been looking for those shallow flats with a small break off the edge of them. So far it has been a total reaction type bite with most of my fish coming on a blue crome and green crome Strike King Redeye Shad, and a chart/white/orange colored Booyah Spinnerbait. I have also caught a couple nice fish on a green pumpkin Yum Dinger. Last Thursday I almost hit the 30 fish mark but came up short with 28 bass caught that afternoon. Here are a couple pictures from that outing:






This upcoming weekend we have our first qualifying tournament for the Iowa Bass Fishing Team that will count towards going to the National Tourament next fall in Texas. I will be sure to give an update on how that went after this upcoming weekend. It will be held at a place that is notorious for giving up nice fish when pitching jigs around heavy wood cover. You can bet on it that I'll have my All Terrain jigs rigged and ready to go come Sunday Morning!

No comments: